Importance of Extra-curricular activities like Speech and Debate competitions in Schools:
- Holistic Development: Extra-curricular activities like speech and debate competitions promote holistic development by providing students with opportunities to develop their cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills.
- Better Academic Performance: Research has shown that students who participate in extra-curricular activities like speech and debate competitions tend to perform better academically, as these activities help them develop critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills.
- Career Opportunities: Participation in speech and debate competitions can also provide students with valuable skills and experiences that can help them in their future careers, particularly in fields such as law, politics, and public speaking.
- Personal Growth: Extra-curricular activities like speech and debate competitions can also contribute to students’ personal growth by helping them develop confidence, self-esteem, and resilience.
Extra-curricular activities like speech and debate competitions play a vital role in the holistic development of students, providing them with opportunities to develop essential skills, build confidence, and grow personally and academically.
Objectives of Extracurricular activities
- Develop Communication Skills: Extra-curricular activities like speech and debate competitions provide students with opportunities to develop their communication skills. Students learn how to express themselves clearly and effectively in front of an audience.
- Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills: Participating in speech and debate competitions requires students to think critically and analyze information to form arguments and counter-arguments. This helps them develop their critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Building Confidence: Speaking in front of an audience can be nerve-wracking, but regular participation in speech and debate competitions can help students build confidence in their abilities.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Many speech and debate competitions involve working in teams, which helps students develop their teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Exposure to Different Perspectives: Speech and debate competitions expose students to different perspectives and viewpoints on various topics, helping them develop their empathy and understanding of diverse perspectives.
Speech for School Students
Debates For School Students
- Science and Technology
- Social Evils
- degradation of Moral Values
- Dowry system
- Reservation in Jobs for a particular community
- Election In India
- Education System in India
- Cottage Industries VS Multinational company
- Life in the city and Village
- Nuclear family vs Joint Family
- Child Labour In India
- Legal Drug and Alcohol shops in India
Just a Minutes
- Power of Social Media
- Mobile Phone: Boon or bane