The objective of this travel plan is to provide school students with an opportunity to explore and learn about the cultural heritage of Uttar Pradesh, India over the course of a week-long trip. Or Just to develop research interests among the learners. The teacher is advised to ask the group of students for their oral presentation for the same.
Day 1: Arrival in Lucknow
- Visit Bara Imambara, a famous Islamic shrine and historical monument.
- Explore the Rumi Darwaza, an iconic gateway to the city of Lucknow.
- Try some local street food and snacks at Hazratganj, a popular shopping area.
Day 2: Agra
- Visit the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Explore the Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Try some delicious local food in Agra.
Day 3: Varanasi
- Explore the holy city of Varanasi, also known as Kashi.
- Take a boat ride on the Ganges River and witness the famous Ganga Aarti.
- Visit the Kashi Vishwanath Temple, one of the most famous Hindu temples in India.
Day 4: Sarnath
- Visit Sarnath, a significant Buddhist pilgrimage site.
- Explore the Sarnath Museum, which houses several important Buddhist artifacts.
- Learn about the history and significance of Buddhism in India.
Day 5: Allahabad
- Visit the Triveni Sangam, the confluence of the Ganges, Yamuna, and Saraswati rivers.
- Explore the Allahabad Fort, a 16th-century Mughal fort.
- Visit Anand Bhawan, the former residence of the Nehru-Gandhi family.
Day 6: Mathura
- Visit Mathura, the birthplace of Lord Krishna.
- Explore the Krishna Janmabhoomi Temple Complex, which includes several temples and shrines.
- Learn about the history and significance of Hinduism and the life of Lord Krishna.
Day 7: Departure
- Return to Lucknow for departure.
Note: This itinerary can be customized based on your interests and preferences, and your travel plans should be made in consultation with a responsible adult, such as a parent or guardian. It’s also important to respect local customs and traditions, and be mindful of your own safety and security while traveling.